Monday 15 September 2014

Main star - Up cycling

Main star - Up cycling
For this main star I am making Candles out of old preserving jars and the money I putting forward to another main star which is the charity I have chosen. I have sold 4 so there is only one left. I am selling these for $10.

these are pictures of me making the candles

This is me standing the wicks up 

This me melting the wax

This is the wax when it has melted

I put the wax in with the jar and some vanilla oil

Here is my candles made and they smell like vanilla

2 comments:

  1. I love my candle Angus. It has made the house smell great!! You also took the lids from the jars to school for a PrEP project so that is two recycling projects from each jar. I am sure St John will be so happy to receive your donation. What do you thjnk they might use the money for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candles make the house smell great! What do you think was the hardest part of making the candles?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.