Monday 17 November 2014

Brunner Mine Narrative

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brunner Mine Incident

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WALT:Show not tell



BOOM!


“JImmy what's taking so long”

I said...  wait I am Angus I am a miner at brunner mine site. Things are hard around these times but I can cope.
“sorry they won’t move” Said JImmy “what won’t move” I shouted back “the Pick ponies” jimmy heaved at me “Callan how are you” I screamed “ “YEE-HAW” Callan hollered from the other side of the bridge.

“I suppose someone can swim?”

I Asked my worker’s The mine fell silent
“Yotam are you in” yes echoed out of the mine I wandered in with my pick. Did i mention the gasses. well theres the sulphur dioxide, methane and carbon monoxide. So pretty dangerous. Clank clank. “first coal” i whispered to myself “Callan and mackenzie” no answer came “JImmy” “yes” jimmy replied

BOOM!

I ran jimmy behind me and Callan behind jimmy and James behind Callan. Flames chased us down the cavern while we ran down the cavern until the unthinkable happened callan and james fell then whoooom!! blood splattered on wall as there bones caught fire. WE could not turn back a minecart stopped our path I tipped the minecart over me and jimmy.
Me and Jimmy survived the explosion

The End!


1 comment:

  1. Love your story Angus, very "real" had to read all of it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.